Wednesday, July 10, 2013

NYX Ultra Pearl Pigments

 

Eye shadows can make or break a look. Keep it simple with a bit of contouring you can be a wide eyed baby or go blending crazy and deck your peepers with a smokey look.  A lot of women even go to the extent of pairing their eye shadow shade with their clothes! So one day as I was going through YouTube for eye shadow tutorials, I became fascinated with the MAC pigment eye shadow being shown.

MAC is a wee bit too much for me so I went ahead and searched for a dupe. Good thing NYX has a very good alternative. The NYX Ultra Pearl Pigments are loose eye shadows that has high impact color with really great coverage. This thing is highly pigmented - duh of course it is, that's why they call it pigments.

I got the pack of 14 that already includes the really cutesy candy shade and the more earthy, bronze colors. They come in tiny packaging, but don't worry these go a long long way. You wouldn't be needing too much just to get your desired color.

Where's Wally? Look how well they blend with the candy. 



See? Teeny tiny little bottles.

Doing some swatches on my arm, you can see how intense the colors are. I've also tried if it would also work well as an eyeliner, and lo and behold it does! You can use regular plain water but if you want the color to be intense, might want to try the Kryolan Cake Eyeliner Sealer. You can check out QuinnFace for instructions.

The blue and lavender has a pretty shade. Perfect partner when color blocking.

The earth tones are like built to be used as a smokey eye. I really love that it has two shades of black, one in gun metal and the other in charcoal. It's great to pair the gun metal with silver or blue, while the charcoal looks really well with bronze or copper colors.

Gotta love the pearl color. Definitely best to place on the tear duct side and can double as
a highlighter for your eyebrows.

There's a nice difference with the charcoal from the gunmetal black.

I really like the copper/bronze tones! Works well with my Asian skin. 

I love how the color just pops out! I guess the biggest downfall of this type of eye shadow is the mess, it literally just gets everywhere. So totally a bad move to apply this while wearing your white shirt. Also, as it is heavily pigmented, a heavy hand on blending is really needed. Gotta be patient in making sure that the intensity is really well balanced.

Hot Tip!
Place loose powder underneath your eyes (cheek bone area) - like really a lot, so that you can easily swipe off with a powder brush any loose pigments that falls on your face while applying. I learned that the hard way friends, I ended up re-applying my foundation because I forgot that step.

Till next time loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment