Thursday, November 28, 2013

Shu Uemura Week: The Hard Formula Brow Pencil

If there's a part of my face that I wish I can magically change, it would be my eyebrows. I have asymmetrical eyebrows with my left brow a lot shorter than the right. Over all it's also very sparse with hair growing on all directions. They happen to be really bad that one hapless MUA exclaimed "Pwedeng ahitin ko nalang kilay mo, tapos drawing tayo ng bago? Hirap kasi eh."(Can we just shave off your brows, so I can just draw them on?). 

Though I am still struggling with it, I can definitely say that I am at least lucky to find my HG brow pencil that brought us to talk about Shu Uemura all this week.


Yup, it's the Hard Formula Brow Pencil today folks. I will never stop raving about this pencil because I've found a partner, a soul mate and the best soldier to combat my ill-shaped brows. Though a lot of other brow products have come and go, I know this one will always hold the glory of staying put in my makeup kit.

As the name indicates, this pencil is in a hard formula which gives you total control when shaping your brows. The pencil originally comes looking like a regular pencil but the BC's sharpens it Naginata sword style which is really unique to Shu Uemura.


As you can see through the product swatch below, the color out put is a little light never the less it is buildable. I actually like it that way, as it's easier to control the amount of product you'd want to use on your brows, making it easier to achieve that softer, natural look.  The off set is that I did end up dedicating more time in filling out my brows to reach the look I wanted.


I got the hard 9 pencil in Stone Grey which gives me the brown tone with a hint of ash. Really complements my skin and hair color even if change my shade to red which I'm planning this month.


Though the pencil is good enough as it is, just to keep my brows immaculate I top the whole thing with an eyebrow manicure to hold everything in place as I do have that bad habit of rubbing my forehead when I'm thinking hard. LOL! I think that helps in making my brain receive great ideas!


Price-wise, it is on the expensive side retailing at Php. 1,400.00 (talks to self  "Yes, you bought a pencil that costs more than a grand") but I think the product actually is value for your money as it will take you a very long time to use it all up. Also, as the tip is done in a special way you can get sharpened free on any Shu counter for like eternity if you have it with you that long. 

So do you rave about the Shu Uemura Hard Pencil? I'd love to hear your thoughts in this on the comments box and together we can go ahead gush some more!




No comments:

Post a Comment