Sunday, September 08, 2013

Hide that Sneaky Pimple: ArtDeco Camouflage Cream


I am very thankful that my skin has definitely become better as I grew older. Going back to my teen memories I can distinctly remember how bad my acne was then. Talk about cottage cheese face with intense oiling up on the the T-zone and cheeks. I didn't have the means to cover them up and had to live through it au-naturel. Nowadays, though I'm still getting a smattering of these annoying bumps, a little makeup base and foundation takes care of it pretty well.

EXCEPT, the dreaded PMS related mega zit that comes by every once in a while.  So for those days that my regular coverage does not help, I turn to my to my beloved concealer the ArtDeco Camouflage Cream.

I was introduced to the product by a friend that does her makeup flawlessly. She's one of the dying breed of girls that make's sure that her hair and makeup is already done perfectly before she even gets to step out of her room. Anyway, it was from her that I had finally met the greatness of this concealer.



The product comes in a small pot with a plastic top that slides out side ways. The pot also has magnetic strip at the back that sticks perfectly on a makeup palette that ArtDeco also offers. The packaging seems tiny but you'd be surprised on how the quantity is really just enough as the concealer is really thick, you would only need a small amount per use. 


They have quite a lot of shades to choose from and the girls at Beauty Bar can be very helpful in guiding you in choosing which shade works really well for your skin. I got the shade in number 8 warm, which is a little lighter than my skin tone as I plan in using this on really dark areas that really needs intense coverage. Primarily spots that foundation couldn't cover as well.


Here's the swatch of the product on my skin. As you can see it really has a very matte, opaque finish that covers up what's underneath really well. The product is a bit hard and may be a little difficult to spread so I recommend that you place it first on your fore arm, then pat it on the problem area. What this does is it warms the product up, making it easier to spread.

Hot tip! For the monster zit, best to use a small pointed brush to place a nice amount on top of the pimple, then with your fingers pat the edges down for a softer smoother look. Do not blend, just pat as blending - especially with a brush - actually takes the product off. 

Also, I suggest that you use a bit of moisturizer on the target areas before applying this concealer as it does have the tendency to make the spot really dry. The moisturizer helps prevent the concealer from doing that ugly dry crackled look which actually emphasizes the zit instead of covering it.

Overall the product really gives you the heavy coverage you would need to keep that sneaky faced pimple hidden. It also sets in a matt finish which is really nice. Keep in mind though to moisturize the area before using the product to avoid it from drying. And at just Php. 450.00 this product should be a must have in your makeup bag. 

So, have you tried the ArtDeco Camouflage Cream? What's your take on it? Keep me posted with your thoughts through the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment