Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Color My Lids: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbleized Eye Shadow


I can never get enough of eye shadows. Though I have stacks of palettes waiting for me to open and use, that doesn't stop me from getting a new shade every time I'm at the makeup aisle. Such as the case of this new toy.

I had a couple of minutes to spare before my lunch time ends, so I invited my lunch mate to swing by Watson's with me (which was oh so conveniently located just across the street where I work -  oh temptation!) just to go and window shop. Needless to say, good thing I had just enough money left in my wallet to buy only 1 thing because I would have gotten so much more.  

Here's the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbleized Eye Shadow.




Going through the Maybelline site this product has been out in the market for quite some time now. I guess they've released this during the height of baked makeup products. What comes into mind is the MAC Mineralized Blush which was such a hit during 2011. The consistency is pretty much the same, really fine powder, very silky to touch and has a lot of shimmer. I can definitely see this as great product to use during night.


I got the shade in No. 75 Persuasive Plum. I always tend to start in plum and brown colors as these are the shades that fit easily to my skin tone.


As with any baked product, it comes in a dome shape, which is quite hard to touch. Me thinks this is the generic form that all companies have during the production. Though it is hard, the product gets picked up easily by the brush so you wouldn't have to worry about putting so much pressure on it.

Each pallet  already comes with 2 shades, one base color and one defining shade. The base color, has a nice fleshy pink shade, and already comes with streaks of the defining color to make things easier to blend.



Placing a swatch on my arm you can see how well the color pops out and looks very good together. Perfect combination if you ask me. My only issue with this is that it's not as pigment as I though it would be. I had to do 3 swipes just to be able to reach the color intensity that I wanted.

Another thing that I noticed is that it fades pretty quickly. The one I tried on my arm lasted only 2 hours, and by the 3rd hour it was completely faded already. I guess you'd need a very good primer such as UDPP to make sure that it'll last longer. 

Anyway, at its price of Php. 359.00 you wouldn't expect it to be really amazing in all aspects.

How about you? Have you tried this product? Tell me more about it through the comments section below.





No comments:

Post a Comment