Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Holiday Gift Sets: Stila Portrait of a Perfect Blush Review



I know the holidays have been over for like, 2 weeks already. But hey, that doesn't mean I can't snag some holiday gift sets anymore! Especially if we're talking about the Stila Palettes. I wasn't able to drop-by their counter during the mad Christmas rush, so by the time everything calmed down and mall crowd begins to thin out, I immediately set my eyes on going to Rustan's to check out their makeup counter. 

Lo and behold! Stila still had their holiday sets, which includes this pretty package. The Portrait of a Perfect Blush Cheek Palette. 


The palette consists of 5 different shades that includes a bronzer, an illuminizer of some sort and 3 blush shades that goes well for skins light, medium and dark. The product comes in a hard cardboard type packaging which in my opinion is a little flimsy. Like my previous Stila palettes, I will be depotting these once the box starts fraying. But for now, I'll keep it as it is.


The first shade on the palette is Golden which is a bronzer. But I think it's a little light for me to show up that well. This would work well with lighter skin tones, someone in the MAC NC35 shade.

The next one is Illume, which is a highlighter. As you can see the product has shimmer on it, which helps on illuminizing your cheekbones. What I don't like though with the product is that the glitters are a little big and obvious when applied.


The middle one is the Pretty Pink, a nice peach blush. This one is pretty pigmented and has a nice soft touch to it. 


Next is the shade that works really well for light skin tones, the Precious Pink. It gives you that nice hint of color on your face. The product is in matte finish which I think looks nice applied.


Last would be the shade in Rosé. A full on red blush that works really well for the morena skin. I love that it has a hint of shimmer, making it a perfect blush when I go on parties at night.


Here's a look of the products swatch'd. As you can see, the colors doesn't stand out much on my skin tone (I'm a MAC NC42 by the way). Definitely love the shades Pretty Pink and Rosé as it highlights the tan on my skin.


I also have some issues on the product fall out, it doesn't seem to adhere well while applying. Although this could be because I used a too fluffy brush so I will try again with a denser brush to make sure. The product lasted 6 hours before there was a need for me to touch up.


 So, have you dropped by the Stila counter yet? Check this palette and the other items still available from their Holiday Collection!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Faith,
    Can you please share the prices with us? Thanks a lot :D
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline this palette is at Php. 850.00 =)

    ReplyDelete