Friday, January 03, 2014

Quest for The Red: Takashi Murakami
Lip & Cheek Fan-tasy

If you've been following my page, you would have noticed my current obsession with find the perfect red shade of lipstick. I know, that constitutes as hoarding but I just cannot help but fall in love every time I see that harlot shade (lol! as described by my mother). Anyway, in my quest for the amazing red, I'm starting with ever favorite brand Shu, with their 6 ♥ Princess Takashi Murakami Lip and Cheek Tint.


I love Shu Uemura collaborations! I thought they can never do a team up as amazing as the one with Karl Lagerfeld, but this collection sure goes head to head by its gold packaging and cutesy, colorful illustrations. 


Going back to the product, these lip and cheek tint comes in a squeezy plastic tube, with a round applicator at the top. You do need to be a bit careful in pressing the tube as it does tend to dispense a lot if you press hard. Wouldn't want to waste so much product.  


Each tube contains 15g of product which for me is a pretty good amount. The collection carries 5 different shades namely; Dream Pink, Fuchsia Fun-tasy, Coral Princess, Heroine Rose and the color I'm loving at the moment, Magical Red. As it's name, this color happens to match it's redness according to your skin tone. On my NC42 skin, it looks like a bit orange like MAC Ruby Woo, while on my friend that is NC35, it goes on to her like MAC Russian Red.

Photo credits evonnz

As you can see with the swatches above, the product is really pigmented so small amounts goes a long way. Though on the image it looks glossy, the product actually applies matte. The product is also buildable, the color depends on how much you place. With regards to it being a cheek tint, the product is also very spreadable. But don't wait too long in daubing as it tends to be absorbed by the skin so easily, you might end having trail marks.



6 ♥ Princess Lip and Cheek tint delivers more a warm red. In my opinion, I can even say that it shows more of a "safe red" shade. If you are a little evasive of the striking, in your face, bold, ruby lips then this is one is for you. Plus side to it, is its dual purpose use as a cheek tint. Price, is on the higher side retailing at Php. 1,200 each.

I'm crossing my fingers that I get my HG red lipstick soon! If you have any recommendations, feel free to mention these on the comments section below!









No comments:

Post a Comment