Saturday, January 11, 2014

Quest for The Red: MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red


Like the Jason and the Argonauts seeking for the golden fleece, I am too embarking on a quest to find the perfect red. Though not as mythical as that Greek story, I still see it as a serious mission. I mean, who hasn't fallen in love with Taylor Swift's smarty pants mouth? Or Anne Curtis' ruby pout? The only problem now is that with so many brands out there putting out their version of a red lipstick, you'd just go crazy trying to pick one out. 

As a makeup blogger, I have now set myself to become a champion of this worthy cause and do the seeking and checking for you! I've already started with the Shu Uemura Magical Red on my last post. This time, we're taking a closer look at MAC's Matte Lipstick in Russian Red


MAC has been noted as the red HG lipstick by a lot of beauty experts, and and has even done a collaboration with the queen of red lippies, Rhianna to create the color Riri Woo. Their line of red shades to choose from is really extensive. The most popular colors of this line are; Ruby Woo, Red, Lady Danger and our today's product on spot light, the Russian Red. 


Looking at it close up, you can see how vibrant the color is. The main thing about a red lipstick is that you always go for bold colors. No need to be shy about it, besides the main point of going with the color is for your mouth to draw attention.

I've mentioned this before, that I do have acidic skin and I've noticed that this makes some makeup look a bit orangey on my skin. Same case as with this one. Though Russian Red does have a bit of the orange tones, it tends to be highlighted more on me. As what I love with MAC, this lipstick is highly pigmented and very long wearing. 




The downside though with wearing Russian Red is that when it starts fading, it leaves an orange hue on my lips, so if say I want a change to another shade the true color doesn't stand out but is affected by the color left.


Overall, this amazing shade of red works best on a day time look. A nice punch of color during your brunch date with friends, or an afternoon soiree. The look is very feminine an you can get away with even wearing it on an office luncheon. 

So what do you think of this shade? Share your thoughts and let me know okay?


No comments:

Post a Comment