Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pantone of the Year: Radiant Orchid



I am totally excited for this year's color. It's one of the top shades that I know works really well with my skin tone whether I am really tan (during summer) or at my lightest (during rainy season going to the cooler months). It also gives that automatic warmth to your skin, so even though you're feeling gloomy and grey, just wear this color and poof! You're all happy and bright!


Here are some makeup that I'm looking forward to grabbing this year in this delicious shade.


1. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Matte Lip Tar in "Hoochie" - I am really looking forward to getting my very first lip tar and what better shade than this purple - lavander shade. Bet this would be smashing because of the matte finish.

2. Models Own in "Purple Passion" - Can I say it's always a good thing when you have "ube" (purple yam in english) on your hands? Yum!

3. NARS Satin Lip Pencil in "Jardin de Plantes"Parlez-vous Français? Juste un petit peu! Lol! Sorry but in reality my French only includes Hello, Good Day / Night and My name is. But don't you think this NARS lip pencil just screams Paris to you? I can definitely see Madam Pompadour with this lip shade.

4. Inglot Rainbow Eye Shadow in 114R and 115R - Of course we should never forget the shade of Orchid on our eyes. Since I'm building my bigger Inglot Freedom Palette, these shades would definitely come first on my to buy list.

5. Shiseido "Cool" Luminizing Lip Gloss - in the more lilac spectrum of Orchid, this lip gloss just gives you that hint of color. 

6. Benefit Hervana Face Powder - this lovely swirl of a blush carries 4 amazing colors shell, peach, rose and berry that when combined together gives an orchid blossom blush. 

Photo credits media.dexigner.com

So who isn't excited for this shade? I this is one band wagon I am very happy to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment