Sunday, September 08, 2013

The Foundation Drama: Makeup Factory Oil-free Foundation Review


Thank goodness the God's of Makeup created skin foundation. It has given us, the pimple scarred girls the opportunity to experience the feeling of having a clear-smooth skin even just until the next wash-up. I already have my HG, the Make Up Forever HD Foundation that gives full coverage even without concealer. But with the price that just burns a hole in the pocket, I think this should be best reserved only for special occasions.

So today, I'm road testing another brand, the Makeup Factory Oil-Free Foundation that hopefully I can substitute for everyday use.

Makeup Factory Oil-free Foundation in shade N0. 15


The makeup comes in a glass bottle with screw on cap. It seems puny compared to my other foundation bottles, but upon opening it I was able to see that it was filled to the brim. I did drop the bottle once, and was afraid that it'll smash but it didn't so I guess the bottle was made with very sturdy materials.

Not a very big fan of the spatula, just made a big mess immediately!

The packaging also comes with a spatula stuck on the cap. It was a little cumbersome pulling out, hence the very messy rim as you can see from the picture above. It was also hard to measure the amount of product you can scoop, so make sure that you'll be getting only what you need as it would be very difficult to get it back into the bottle once you've taken it out.

I'm so happy that it's in complete harmony with my skin tone.

The texture is very thick and can seem heavy but it actually provides only medium coverage. You can build it up to 2 layers to get that more even skin tone minus the redness look, and it's better to just spot check the dark areas with a concealer. Great thing is that even if you've placed a couple of layers on your face it remains very light on your skin and doesn't look cakey at all.   

I'm so happy I was able to get a shade that matches perfectly with my skin tone. The initial swipe looked a little too pink but after some time the color did settle down and showed how much it matched my skin.

As with other liquid foundations, it is still best to top it off with a finishing powder so that it can set really well on your skin. 

The product lasts pretty long too, it took 5 hours before shine started creeping into my t-zone area, where as usually just after 2 hours I'll be needing a good swipe of blotting paper and a bit of dusting of loose powder to keep the shine at bay.

Overall the product is great foundation for every day use as it gives a nice, natural finish with medium coverage while remaining feeling light on your skin. It also provides long wear especially for us oily skinned girls keeping oil away for up to 4 hours. The price isn't too bad as well, costing Php. 1,150.00 for a bottle of 20 ml. I think my only regret is that the packaging is a little cumbersome, with the spatula and screw-on cap. 

So, there you have it, if you've tried the product please go ahead and leave you're own take to it down below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment