Sunday, September 08, 2013

Clinique Bonus + Project Vanity Party at Clinique SM Aura


Last week Liz Lanuzo of Project Vanity announced that she was inviting 14 lucky girls for an afternoon date of girl talk, skin care and makeup in partnership with Clinique at their new store at SM Aura. Being new to the whole makeup blogging business I took the chance in trying out to be part of this event and hastily emailed Ms. Liz. I kept both my fingers and toes crossed the whole day hoping that she'll pick me. Imagine my happiness when I saw her reply!



Oh my gosh! I'm such a noob! I was jumping and squealing like a school girl. I was just so surprised that I couldn't stop myself from replying this back.


Didn't think I'd be invited on my first try. Thanking my lucky makeup fairy god mother up there, I headed out to the soiree with a giddy heart. We were welcomed graciously by Mira (Marketing Manager of Clinique) and started with a little question program talking about what we should look for in picking out the best product for our skin, how different is one moisturizer to another and the best topic I heard so far, what the hell is UVA and UVB (I mean wha??!)

Here's us girls doing a little "what's your best beauty secret" sharing.



We also learned how great it is the Clinique is addressing the change in the environment by making sure that their products are able to adapt to the current needs of our skin today. Example of which is that their moisturizers now not only protect you from harmful UVA rays but also the deeper damage done by UVB rays in the inner parts of our skin.     

Mira also announced that later in the program, they will doing a contest with the winners going home with a regular sized Clinique product! My competitive-a just buzzed to high after that announcement!


Fan Alert! Bea of thedalagaproject was present too! Star-struck

Clinique has been always known as a skin care brand, but what most forget is that they also have an amazing line of cosmetics. They now have a wide array of products, from makeup primers to the basic foundation, lipstick and blush to the more new in the market items such as makeup setting spray.

Liz gave a makeup workshop showcasing these products and I automatically fell in love with their chubby stick lipstick and the creamy eye pencil that can already double as an eyeshadow. Very perfect for an easy smokey eye look.


Lucky girl getting the makeup tried on her. -Jealous me! LOL!
After Liz's workshop, we moved on to the contest. We were grouped into pairs, then with the use of any Clinique makeup they have in the store, come up with the best look we can think of. I paired up with Anchristine who was really nice and sweet. We both decided on a more edgier makeup and named our look as "Rock Biker Chic Maven" as we were both sporting rock jackets and had studs on our accessories. LOL! I know! My makeup fairy god mother has a hand on this!

We highlighted our eyes using the Clinique creamy eye pencil in brown as a base and then blended the edges with plum eyeshadow to look smokey. We left the rest of our face pretty simple by using only a hint of color with the coral bronzer. Finally we finished our look with 2 shades of lipstick to give our lips some depth.



Then each group discussed what look they were aiming for and explained how they were able to come up with it. Unfortunately our group didn't win (awww!) but I had so much fun doing the game with Ann that I didn't mind losing at all - choss! But really, it was so much fun, we were like kids playing makeup with their mom's things. Even felt like a kid in a candy store, trying to unwrap the sweets all at the same time.

Of course we couldn't miss having our photo's taken with Liz!

YEEEH!!!! Me and Liz Lanuzo of Project Vanity

Anchristine with Liz
 We were also given Clinique loot bags. Woot! Woot!

Look at how happy we are! Happy little kids.
 The look on my face was incredulous as I lined up what was in the bag. Woah!!!

L to R: Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, Moisture Surge, Clinique Makeup Tote, Clarifying Lotion #3,
All About Eyes, Liquid Facial Scrub in Oily Skin Formulation, and Long Last Glosswear

So happy that my first ever makeup event was such an amazing experience. Kudos to Liz and Mira for hosting a terrific activity!

By the way, drop by Clinique today and get a chance to take home this month's bonus!


That is a haul in there, and Php. 500.00 bucks more you can also take home a tote bag. So hurry! The bonus ends by September 30 or until supply lasts.



No comments:

Post a Comment