Monday, February 24, 2014

Let's Talk Fat Shall We?

Uhhhhh... Yes, you heard right, I'm talking about FAT today. And uhhh... to be quite honest this stemmed from this picture you see below.

I posted this image in pure confidence that it looked good. I mean, great sky, beautiful white sand, and I felt I didn't look too bad either. Was even proud of my face and was like "Dang girl! You look fine!" so I was pretty confident to post and share to IG and FB.

So imagine my surprise that I seem to have offended someone so much that it warranted them to comment the big F-A-T word on this photo. I didn't mind being called that, its just how they blatantly said it with a hint of disgust on the undertone.



I'm not that deluded not to see that I'm heftier than the average ladies my height, more so that I know I've grained more weight in the past year. As a kid I've always been the chubby kid at school. I was the first one to have boobs and wear training bras during 3rd grade, was even used to seeing the perpetual size Large on my uniform, was always the base on the pyramid during cheer dance and by golly have been poked and pinched on the cheeks far too many times not to notice that I AM FAT

So why do you need to state the obvious? Do not comment on the photo in pretense of "Oh, I'm just worried for your health, blah blah", because if you really care, there's always a thing called "Private Message". Or maybe pickup the phone and call me because "I've got this amazing weight loss story that would inspire you"? 


What I mean to say in this post is that, call me piggy, whale-ish, chunky monkey and even hippo, tell me I'm a fatty, a fatso and lardass. I may not be fine with it but I can deal with it. And at the end of the day all the horrendous things you say to me isn't solely about me, but its also of who you are as a person and how you really see yourself in the mirror. 

No comments:

Post a Comment