Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bobbi Brown Makeup Master Class

I believe education is the key to greatness, I know sounds very in tune with the graduation theme happening right now. But really, I've never been the type that just accepts one way to get things done, but rather more of constantly looking for other ways to make it more doable (or in the usual case quicker and enjoyable ) in my mind. So when Bobbi Brown announced that they're giving 10 lucky girls to join the Bobbi Brown Makeup Master Class with their international makeup artist Felix Nguyen, I readily jumped at the chance and had a dozen eggs prepared for special offering at Sta. Clara!

LOL! Anyway, turns out I didn't need to pull some strings as I squealed in delight in finding out that I got picked. Oh lucky stars! How bright you shined that night! Anyway, here's what happened on that glorious day indeed. 


Felix showcased how to create 3 amazing looks; the Pretty Natural, Pretty Radiant and the Pretty Bold. I loved how simple it was to re-create the looks and how wearable they are any time. Felix stressed the importance of taking care of your skin and how you should prepare it as it serves as the foundation of your makeup.

He also educated us on the proper use of color correctors and concealers. Now, if only I can afford the BBU palette which he was wielding like a warlock's book that can magically make eye bags disappear I'd be the happiest gal in the world. Imagine, 13 shades of corrector, 14 shades of creamy concealer and 20 shades of foundation stick in one handy palette. No wonder it costs USD$ 250.00 (yes, that's almost 15k for you). Well, a girl can dream (le sigh!).









Anyway, I was happy enough to get a little bounty when I actively participated in Felix's Q&A portion.  Being bibbo kid has it's perks you know.  A very good perk of mascara and lip gloss.

The fun didn't stop in the Q&A, Bobbi Brown got everyone in a frenzy when they announced that they were giving away 3 loot bags of TEN freakin' Thousand pesos worth of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics and 2 sets of 2 tickets to the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis World Tour Concert just by posting and sharing on Instagram a selfie or any photo related to the event. The competitiveness in me just sprung into action!


Really cute that they also had  a screen with live streaming of the photos you've posted with the hash tag and then a copy printed a-la photo booth so you've got a souvenir of the event.





The competitive streak was worth it though, cause you know... I GOT PICKED! Here's a closer look of the goldmine of a loot bag.

Who wouldn't be psyched to see all the good stuff in one bag? The illuminating face base just brightens and lightens your face immediately while the eyeshadow and blush palette has the perfect shades to nail that Pretty Natural look. I am just so happy and privileged to join this fun and educating event. I felt 20 points smarter in how to use makeup to my advantage. Thanks so much again to the amazing Bobbi Brown Philippines team for this event and the opportunity to join! Go check out their counters and experience first hand how great Bobbi Brown products are and how to achieve your own pretty powerful look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment