Saturday, March 08, 2014

Quest for The Red: CoverGirl Outlast Lip Color

I know Valentines day has long gone past, but for me red can never go out of style. In my quest for the perfect red lipstick, lets's take a look at the one good contender, the CoverGirl Outlast Lip Color.


This lip color promises 16 hours of color that stays true even undergoing the strain of a hearty dinner, a nice glass of wine, an intense workout and get this, even some frisky lip smacking! Those are some big words that can make you turn into a doubting Thomas.

The secret they say lies on the easy 2 step formula. First, is the lip color which you can apply as liberally as you want. No need to do the press the lips together to spread. 


Step 2, wait for a minute to let the lip color dry, then top it off with the moisturizing top coat to seal in the shine. This top coat prevents the lips from drying. Forget this step and you'll be going through the day with the feeling of sandpaper on your lips. Real rough and scaly. Not very pleasant. 

The color is quite striking. It has a nice balance of red to almost orangey tone that anyone can be able to pull it off. I kind of even see a resemblance to the color of my sunglasses. 


Longevity wise, I couldn't really say it lasted the mentioned 16 hours but it did last me till after lunch time. Was even a little disappointed that some of the lip color was transferring to things while I was eating. I had it on for a good 7 to 8 hours when the fading became a little too obvious. But I kinda feel it was my fault for applying this above a petroleum based lip balm. The lip color couldn't have been able to really stick to my lips. 

So have you gotten a chance to check out CoverGirl's Outlast Lip Colors? Give me holler on the comments section okay? 

No comments:

Post a Comment