Monday, August 12, 2013

1-2-3-4 to Squeaky Clean Skin



As you know I absolutely love makeup, I have the patience to go through putting on  the primer, then illuminating cream, followed by my go to foundation, plus spot checking with a concealer and then finally setting it with finishing powder. Obviously the steps are ridiculous, but these are just the things you have to do to achieve that finish you wanted.

So I just cannot understand why after all that hassle in setting up my face (btw, what I mentioned is for the foundation alone, you should hear me when I get to the eye shadow) I cannot for the life of me find the same energy in taking care of my face afterwards.

But since I don't want to risk being berated by mother, I've decided to make my life easy and stuck with the routine that I felt worked best. So here's my 4 fave products for face makeup clean up!



Tony Moly Makeup Remover

Most girls go with just washing their face, but what most don't realize is a lot of our favorite makeup has evolved to resisting water. Hence, the advent of waterproof mascara and eyeliners. Even if it doesn't say waterproof, those makeup you oh so love for being long lasting? They clung to your skin like magnets even with the heavy washing. 

My favorite makeup cleanser is Tony Moly Clear Water Lip & Eye Remover which is really good in sucking all the gunk in your face. I love how well it works for oil based mascaras and the heavy tinted lipsticks. 

Please teach me how to read Korean

Yup, I know its Korean at the back, but a quick check over the internet for its ingredients and I was able to see that it's majorly made out of water, castor oil and glyceryl which is widely used  in cosmetics as non-comedogenic (non-pimple causing substance) ingredient. Big check that it does not clog the pores!

The Original

Next stop for me is a good washing up, for this I use Celeteque Hydration Facial Wash. This is the product that has won the test of time as I've been using this since I was 13 years old! Yes more than a decade of fandom here! It has helped me during my puberty acne stage and has stayed very truthful to its aid in clear skin. It works so well with my oily skin, removing that deeper layer of dirt that a regular facial soap just wouldn't do. It also doesn't give you that overly dry feeling you'd often associate with face cleansers.

Witch Hazel Toner

Then, its toning time for me! Girls with dry to sensitive skin would usually skip this step as a lot feels their skin drying up big time when ever they'd do this. But for slick-skin girls like me, this is actually a MUST. Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel toner just seeps into your pores and grabs that last layers of dirt lurking inside. I'm always surprised to see, after swiping this all over with a cotton pad, how much more dirt there is left on my face even after the washing up.

I also feel my pores tightening after every use. And whenever I get that really big pimple? I just soak a small cotton ball and leave it on the bump for an hour and I know for a fact that pimple would swell down by tomorrow. If there's one thing I wish it wouldn't have though, is that tequila smell. It can be quite overpowering at first, but after some time you do get used to it.

Magic in a pot

Last but not the least, my new found love: Cellex-C Sea Silk Oil-Free Moisturizer. As most oily skinned girls out there, I never thought I would be needing a moisturizer. I mean, with the oil your face gets everyday, isn't that already enough moisture? Engk! Nope, the actual reason as to why we're oiling up, is because our skin thinks it doesn't have enough moisture. So with that epiphany, I've decide to invest in a very good moisturizer. I made sure to pick up an oil free one as I don't really like to have that greasy feeling regular ones have.

Cool color, just by looking at it I feel hydrated already

The product comes in a glass jar, very perfect in keeping it cool even in humid days. It has also has  light blue tint on it which is so pretty! I also love the scent that it gives, very powdery and not overwhelming. 

Love how non-greasy this feels

I'm half way through the jar and the money spent was really well invested. I've never had any breakouts since using this product and I've even noticed that it has more or less balanced my skin, and very happy to say that I'm not as oily as before. Best thing is that it has given me really soft skin which I hope never changes (keeping fingers crossed).

So there you have it! My own version of makeup cleanup products, now its your turn to share!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anchristine Ulep yeah the Bifestal cleansing lotion is so nice! Especially the blue one, works really well with oil based makeup. I'm sticking to the Tony Moly for now since I believe it finishing every drop before starting another bottle (oohhh the spendthrift in me!) I'm planning on changing to Bifesta once I'm done with this one. Hahaha! I already have fine lines =( under my eyes so yeah, moisturizers are a must for me now before makeup. It seems to help keeping the foundation from sticking to the fine lines. Also, I've noticed the concealer doesn't look cakey with a moisturizer underneath.

    ReplyDelete