Tuesday, August 06, 2013

What's in my bag?


If there is one thing constant in a girls life, that would be the makeup kit. Don't believe me? Go ahead and check out the bag of that lady you're seating next to in the train. Hope you wouldn't get slapped on the face for being intrusive. Women are so privy when it comes to their bags you know. 


Being a sharing kind of girl (awww...) I'm opening my bag so that I can show you my every day makeup must haves. 

My makeup arsenal
1. Max Factor Second Skin Foundation in Warm Almond 
         My go to foundation for everyday wear. I love how light it feels and how well it blends to my skin tone. Because of the sheer coverage, it doesn't do much to cover your dark spots and other blemishes, but it does even up your skin color. It also has that dewy look that creates a really fresh finish.

2. Benefit Erase Paste Cream Concealer
        I think the best concealer as it really hides dark under eyes and light spots without looking too cakey. It also blends well to my skin tone, although you need to be patient in patting it down to get the desired coverage.

3. Benefit High Beam Liquid Highlighter
        This is my secret in achieving the well arched eyebrow. In reality I have really straight thin ones and just a smidge of this, gives me that well defined brow. I also use this on the high parts of my cheek bones to make it more distinct.

4. Maybelline Magnum Volum' Express Mascara
        This mascara gives the right oomph to my dainty eye lashes. Just a swipe of this gives volume and curl that I needed for a simple look. I also love that you can intensify it by layering the product.

5. K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Eyeliner in Black
        This is my best bet for well lined eyes. It is so easy to use and it dries pretty quickly that you wouldn't have to worry of it smudging. I love how precise you can line your eyes with the built-in brush and that it feels like a pen in your hand, which gives more control when applying the product.

6. Bare Essentials Powder Brush

7. Tony Moly Baby Doll BB Powder
         My finishing powder. It really is made with fine particles with a hint of shine that it really sets my makeup with a glow.

8. Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in Cherry 
        My new favorite lippie. Very sheer and light on the lips.

9. Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Face Luminizer
        I use this as a makeup base, which gives me that glow that people see special in me that they just can't put their finger on. Best fake-up ever! The glow really shines through the foundation and finishing powder which gives me that overall light dewiness.

10. Eyebrow Powder
        I'm not too sure what brand this is, it's something that I picked up during my regular drugstore trips. Works really well though as it matches my hair color really fine and does last the whole day (well it does, just as long as I don’t accidentally wipe it off with a tissue). 

11. Benefit Posie Tint Lip and Cheek Tint
        Gives just the right amount of rosiness to my cheeks. I love that it appears really soft and lasts a long time, and when I'm outdoors it doesn't fade away even though I'm really sweating.

12. Cat's Wink Mirror - Meow!

13. Charm Foundation Brush
        Love how well this thing is able to blend my foundation. Had this for almost 2 years now and it still hasn't lost its shape even after the abuse I put it though everyday. Keeping my fingers cross that it keeps up for another year!

14. Avon Vitaluscious Lipstick in Wine Wellness
        I couldn't wear really bright red so I'd usually just pat this on lightly to achieve pink berry lips. It lasts pretty long and really feels soft. And the best thing is if I have to go somewhere after office, I can easily put this on in full color for that dramatic red wine look.

15.  L'oreal Super Liner Duo Eye Pencil in Black
       For defining my water line, I always for this eyeliner. It gives a intense color and really spreads easily. It can even act as a smokey eye shadow because of its creaminess.

Here's how I look on regular days.


As you can see, my everyday look is very natural, pretty much just enhancing my features. But believe me a lot was done to get it right. I'll post my face without a zilch of makeup on one of this days for you to understand. Anyway let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment